Dark Chocolate Super Seed Bark
Crunchy, and just sweet enough, this tasty nut and seed bark uses antioxidant-rich dark chocolate and powerhouse nuts and seeds to deliver a delicious treat that will leave you feeling GOOD!
2 3/4 ozsDark Chocolate
2 tspsCoconut Oil
1/4 cupPumpkin Seeds
1/4 cupSunflower Seeds
2 tbspsHemp Seeds
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a double boiler -OR - Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil the double boiler and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and stir in the seeds. Mix well until the seeds are completely covered in the chocolate.
- Transfer the chocolate and seeds to the prepared parchment paper and spread into an even layer. Place the bark in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until solid.
- When solid, break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Notes: Add or omit any other nuts or seeds, as long as they are in the same proportions.
Store in the fridge or freezer.